Friday, January 27, 2006

hi again

well, its 4.30 am or so I can't sleep , this is normal for me. I had a pretty unproductive week personally, did'nt do much art, just some character poses and a tiny bit of boards. I figure i need to make 20 secs of final boards a day on average to finish the sequence i'm on now. the time goes between feeling like crap with this bug going around and the stresses of the producing end of things. most of the week my head has been on finincial crap, very stressful trying to think of the cash flow and absorb the problems of finance. I am determined to create a document to remind me of all the intricacies for next time! But my partners in the Saloon are all on it so I know we'll pull through!
Anyway my head is racing around art problems mainly tonight. In the main things are going very well, Ross Stewart made one of the Best bgs yet today - the abbots room in the storm it looks great. The model sheets are coming together but the inconsistencies need to be ironed out - very small and minor things but we really need the model to be rock solid so it does'nt wander in animation.
We reckon we'll need an a new assistant director as Remi is so busy with the boards right now.
Jeremy and Lorraine were down today - they live in Galway and are looking after the effects. we saw some good stuff today - just needs to go a little more stylised and simple. It sometimes seems like a detail to me, the effects, but well designed effects will really tie the whole thing together.
Fabian has been working on the animation test and it looks well, he is figuring out a lot of stuff and one thing i know is that we will probably loose a bit more detail on the characters before we are through, the big thing on Brendan himself is the cape - its too much extra hassle, we'll keep it only for certain sequences.
Jean Baptiste is back on the Vikings and I am eager to see a test in CG to know if thats the way to go with them or not.
The animatic is nearly done with the temp sound, its exciting to see it coming together but itt'll be a very busy three months now finalising the boards - all the directing needs to go in there and I;m busy on a lot of stuff. Great to have Nora involved though - shes really the glue that'll stop it going all lopsided - shes keeping a great overview on it all.
well feet are freezing - back to bed I go!
mind devulged of the main worries!
back to work tommorow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!

    This week The Secret of Kells will be in cinemas in Spain... a year later, but it's better than nothing.

    This fact had remember me the existence of this blog, and here i am.

    I'm posting a comment in this entry cause i just read it and it's very singular: a situation which i can be identificated (not in the work part, evidently, but yes in the insomnia), and the most natural telling of a work day.

    When you see the movie, you don't imagine the daily situations there are behind.

    It's very nice for me that people like you make an efford to close the making of the movie with the world, and more by this daily and close way.

    Thanks for it. ;)

    P.D: It should be an extra for the new DVD/blu ray edition! XD

    P.D.2: I'm making an efford to improve my english, i'm sorry for the errors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    This week The Secret of Kells will be in the Spanish cinemas... a year later, but it's better than nothing.

    This fact make me remember the existence of this blog, and here i am.

    I'm posting the comment in this post cause it's very singular: a situation which i can be identified (not in the work part, evidently, but yes in the insomnia), and the most natural telling of a work day.

    When you see the movie, you don't imagine the daily situations there are behind.

    It's very important for me that people like you make an efford for close the making of the movie to the fans, and more if it's by this daily and close way.

    Thanks for it! ;)

    P.D: I'm making an efford to improve my english. I'm sorry for the errors.

    ReplyDelete